Night Beats ¦ Outlaw R&B
CHF 43.00 inkl. MwSt
LP (Album, Gatefold)
Veröffentlichung Outlaw R&B:
Hörbeispiel(e) Outlaw R&B:
Outlaw R&B auf Wikipedia (oder andere Quellen):
Veröffentlichungen von Night Beats die im OTRS erhältlich sind/waren:
Night Beats auf Wikipedia (oder andere Quellen):
|Origin||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Genres||Garage rock, psychedelic rock, soul, surf rock|
|Years active||2009 — present|
|Labels||Fuzz Club, Cooking Vinyl, Heavenly Recordings|
Trouble In Mind
The Reverberation Appreciation Society
|Associated acts||White Light Fever|
The UFO Club
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
|Members||Danny Lee Blackwell|
|Past members||Tarek Wegner|
The band currently consists of lead singer and guitarist Danny Lee Blackwell as the only permanent member. The band was named after Sam Cooke's album Night Beat and reflects founder member Blackwell's love of soul and RnB.
Raised by Catholic and Hindu parents, Blackwell moved to Seattle to study comparative religion at the University of Washington. Blackwell had previously fronted various bands in his hometown of Dallas, Texas but founded Night Beats in 2009. The solo self-recorded Street (Atomic) EP was released that year via Holy Twist Records.
After trying out a couple of different lineups, Blackwell asked high school friend and former B.B Mercy drummer James Traeger who was studying in Austin, Texas to move to Seattle to join Night Beats. After working together as a duo for a few months, they recruited bassist Tarek Wegner in January 2010 and played their first gig in March of that year at a house party in Seattle. Wegner, originally from Tacoma, Washington, had previously played with The Drug Purse and Paris Spleen.
2010 - 2018
Night Beats toured extensively early on, completing multiple North American tours during 2010 and were signed within weeks of self-releasing the H-Bomb EP. Picked up by Chicago's Trouble in Mind Records (Ty Segall, Fresh and Only's, Hex Dispensers, etc.). The re-release of the EP topped several college radio charts competing with other Artists' full-length efforts. (September 6, 2010)
On June 28, 2011 the band released their self-titled debut album via Trouble In Mind. They also released a split EP with The UFO Club on the Austin label The Reverberation Appreciation Society. A split single with TRMRS was released in June 2012 via Volcom Vinyl Club.
On September 24, 2013, the band released their second album "Sonic Bloom" via The Reverberation Appreciation Society. They toured North America, Europe, Israel, South Africa and Australia in support of the album. In late 2014, Tarek Wegner left the band.
In 2015, the band signed to London-based label Heavenly Recordings and released their third album Who Sold My Generation in January 2016. The album featured Black Rebel Motorcycle Club member Robert Levon Been on bass, who also co-produced the album. The band recruited Jakob Bowden to tour the album.
Through a US tour supporting Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in 2018, Jonah Swilley played drums with the band. In May 2018, the band embarked on a tour of Spain and France, with Evan Snyder again replacing James Traeger on drums. Bassist Jakob Bowden was also not present. In July 2018, the band (Blackwell and drummer Jonah Swilley) performed as a duo at the Social in London, England.
2019 - present
On January 28 2019, the band released their fourth album Myth Of A Man. The album was recorded by Blackwell with producer and Black Keys frontman Dan Auerbach. For the sessions, he was backed by a cast of old time session musicians who had worked with the likes of Elvis Presley and Aretha Franklin.
In late 2020 Blackwell signed Night Beats to Fuzz Club Records. In December of that year, That’s All You Got was released - a collaboration between Blackwell and Robert Levon Been of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Outlaw R&B, the 5th Night Beats studio album was released June 4 2021.
- Danny Lee Blackwell - Vocals, lead guitar
Previous Live Band line-ups
- Jaiq Stein - Keys, Guitar
- Evan Snyder - Drums
- Sam Thornton - Bass
- Tarek Wegner - Bass
- Jakob Bowden - Bass
- James Traeger - Drums
- Night Beats - 2011 (Trouble In Mind Records)
- Sonic Bloom - 2013 (The Reverberation Appreciation Society)
- Who Sold My Generation - 2016 (Heavenly Recordings)
- Myth of a Man - 2019 (Heavenly Recordings)
- Outlaw R&B - 2021 (Fuzz Club Records)
- H-Bomb 7" - 2010 (Self-Released)
- H-Bomb 7" - 2010 (Trouble In Mind Records)
- H-Bomb EP (iTunes) - 2010 (Holy Twist)
- Night Beats/UFO Club Split 10" - 2011 (The Reverberation Appreciation Society)
- Night Beats/TRMRS Split 7" - 2012 (Volcom Entertainment/Resurrection Records)
- Night Beats/ Her Cold Cold Heart - 2018 (Heavenly Recordings / [PIAS])
- (Am I Just) Wasting My Time - 2019 (Heavenly Recordings / [PIAS])
- That's All You Got (featuring Robert Levon Been) - 2020 (Fuzz Club Records)
- Get Wyld! Vol. 1 - 2010 (Holy Twist)
- Portable Shrines Magic Sound Theatre Vol. 1 - 2011 (Translinguistic Other/Light In The Attic)
- Sailor Jerry Vol. 4 - 2011 (Sailor Jerry Rum)
- "Interview with: Night Beats". Inherent Bummer. Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- Stoltenborgh, Freek (2021-05-19). "Night Beats shares new single 'Hell In Texas'". www.v2benelux.com. Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-09-17. Retrieved 2016-09-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Troublemakers (2012-03-15). "Trouble In Mind". Troubleinmindrecs.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Top 30 Albums |". Kdvs.org. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Night Beats | Trouble In Mind Records". Troubleinmindrecs.com. Archived from the original on 2014-01-09. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- [dead link]
- "Night Beats's Concert & Tour History | Concert Archives". www.concertarchives.org. Retrieved 2021-09-06.
- Whittle, Nathan (2020-12-04). "Watch this! Night Beats share new video for new single That's All You Got". Louder Than War. Retrieved 2021-07-21.
-  Archived August 23, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "iTunes Store". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Volcom Entertainment - Vevc". Store.volcoment.com. Archived from the original on 2014-01-09. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Night Beats". Discogs. Retrieved 2021-07-29.
- "iTunes - Music - Get Wyld! Volume 1 by Various Artists". itunes.apple.com. 2010-04-05. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
- "Portable Shrines Magic Sound Theatre Vol. I | Light In The Attic Records". Lightintheattic.net. 2011-04-16. Retrieved 2014-01-09.
Nur angemeldete Kunden, die dieses Produkt gekauft haben, dürfen eine Bewertung abgeben.